The Mashups We Didn't Know We Needed!



In the past few years, I have noticed that many of the "re-mixed" objects advertised in the media are intended to appeal to consumers' shock-value rather than their needs. Oftentimes, the objects are interesting because they're new and not because they have an inherent value. I decided to respond to these useless, consumerist objects by creating 10 of my own re-mixed products that are not practical or in demand. My inventions are not listed in any particular order--I just love having a countdown!


Enjoy :)







Re-mixed from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4649075
and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3130662


I have always been fascinated by the Peacock Mantis Shrimp's appearance, strength, eye-sight, and behaviour (look it up if you've never seen it before--it's beautiful!). The underside of this animal, and many other crustaceans, reminds me of a hairbrush with many bristles--hence The Brush-tacean. 















I re-mixed a chandelier by modifying a few of its decorations, adding a chain to hang it from, removing its traditional candles, and incorporating hand-shaped candles. I also created the flames in Tinkercad using several transparent teardrop forms. 












 


This model was incredibly challenging to make! Some of the models were defective so I ended up making some parts from scratch, including the parmesan, garnish, tomato sauce, and parts of the spaghetti. However, it is also one of my favourite models because it looks very realistic for Tinkercad!












I thought of this concept in conjunction with the previous concept-- why not have a sink-sized-drink if you have a bathtub-sized-meal, right?









 

Finally! The waffle-textured microphone is edible :)












 




Maybe stay away from the heavy metal when using this product.











 
 


When I was brainstorming ideas for re-mixed objects, I took into consideration the texture and weight of objects. I envisioned what those final products would look and feel like if they existed in real space. This is how I got the idea for The DominoNotes Keyboard, which has dominos that mimic the weight and texture of weighted ivory piano keys.











Have you ever been too scared to look down at your watch or phone during an event because it may come off as rude? I've felt this way countless times before, and this feeling inspired the concept of the Biclockulars!











For those who are extra lonely during the lockdown.

Also for those who want compliments on-demand.







And I leave you with this final aberration until next week when I will be posting a better-rendered version of one of these products. 

Have fun and stay safe!

Comments

Popular Posts