Geometric Papercraft Models

 







This is a 6-piece crystal formation that can be recreated with paper. Next to each component, there is the unfolded template for that form.




The gif above shows the models in different viewing modes: wireframe, shaded, and rendered.

I also constructed this star in rhino, which looks very complex but is actually made out of ten pentagonal pyramids. When the form is unfolded, it looks like a fan.

This is a simple dodecahedron that can be "bloomed" into two flower-like shapes.


In my Art History class this semester, I learned about the different styles of Greek columns. I chose to design the simplest one, the Doric column, using flat surfaces only. I created the rounded and fluted illusion of the column by extruding a 20-point star.

Additional Images:











Comments

Popular Posts