My Milestone Projects


1) Boldt Castle




Original Boldt Castle Power House, NY
For my first OBDF 210 assignment, I created a realistic 3D model of a castle, inspired by the Boldt Castle Power House in New York. I chose to replicate this castle from the year 1900 because I found the design simple yet charming. 

I also felt that the form would allow me to practice multiple commands in Rhino 7 that I hadn't used in a while such as Rotate3D, ArrayCrv, BooleanDifference, BooleanSplit, Loft, etc.

Render of the castle with added background elements, custom light, and sunlight

 

2)Venus Surface Design Study

a) Digital Design

Various samples of a 2D surface design inspired by a Pre-Colombian figure called the "Venus of Tacarigua." 


b) Lasercut Wood Design

GIF of my laser-cut Venus designs.





 

Rendered and ghosted views of motor adaptor


 I wanted the mandala-like Venus design to rotate for the final display. I thought it would be visually engaging to incorporate movement in the piece.

So, I decided to attach the laser cut design to a motor. Since the motor provided by the school has a smooth drive shaft, and no way to connect it to the cutout design, I had to 3D model a connector in Rhino. I used a caliper to measure the motor and create a component that would fit it perfectly. 

I included a gif of the spinning laser cut design at the top of this blogpost.














3) Unconventional Ring





 



 Hand model from Deep 3D Studio (https://artstn.co/m/ODWy)

4) Reverse Engineered Easel

 




5) Handy Chess Set

 




  


Pieces

KING



QUEEN



BISHOP



KNIGHT



ROOK




PAWN

 

White Pieces (Front)



Black Pieces (Back)



 


  


  


  


 

 

  





 



Comments

Popular Posts