My First Grasshopper Definition

Pattern created using Grasshopper definition



This week, I watched David Rutten's tutorials for beginning in Grasshopper. I learned  how to use definitions to generate a variety of curved forms. While I saw the tutorials, I followed along in grasshopper and created my own designs. 


Below are some screenshots of the designs I made during the tutorials:


 
I enjoyed learning how to use the gradient tool in grasshopper because it created a beautiful visual effect.


With the definition, I made a vase shape out of two symmetrical lines. I baked the surfaces, mirrored them, and ended up creating a terracotta vessel. As I mirrored the vessel in rhino, I ended up creating a 3D pattern. 

 
I added a polished copper material  to the forms, which created intricate light patterns.




I changed the skylight and reflection environments to generate new light patterns on the forms. On the above image, I used the "Toronto Downtown" environment. The other environments I used are 
"St. John's NYC," "MET Balcony NYC," "VNA Courtyard," and "Blurred Loft."


Pattern created using a Grasshopper definition



















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts